TDLR Approved Texas Defensive Driving Courses
We have curated a list of the top online defensive driving courses that are accredited by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR). These courses are designed to help you become a safer driver, dismiss traffic tickets, and even lower your insurance rates.
We understand that finding the right defensive driving course can be a daunting task. That’s why we’ve done the research for you and handpicked the best options available. Our selection criteria include course content, ease of use, customer support, and overall user experience. In the table below, you’ll find each course’s name, a direct link to their website, and an arbitrary rating assigned by our team.
|Name of Provider
|Link to Course
|Improv Traffic School
|Texas Driving School
|A Sense of Humor Driving
|Comedy Defensive Driving
|American Safety Council’s SafeMotorist
Why Take a TDLR Approved Defensive Driving Course?
Taking a TDLR approved defensive driving course comes with numerous benefits, including:
- Ticket Dismissal: Successfully completing a defensive driving course can help you dismiss a traffic ticket and prevent points from accumulating on your driving record.
- Insurance Discounts: Many insurance providers offer discounts to policyholders who have completed a TDLR approved defensive driving course.
- Improved Driving Skills: These courses are designed to enhance your driving knowledge and teach you strategies to avoid accidents and traffic violations.
- Increased Road Safety: By learning defensive driving techniques, you contribute to making the roads safer for yourself and others.
Choosing the Right Course
When selecting a defensive driving course, consider the following factors:
- TDLR Approval: Ensure that the course is approved by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation.
- Course Format: Choose a course that fits your learning style, whether it’s text-based, video, or interactive.
- Pricing: Compare course fees and any additional charges, such as certificate shipping fees.
- Customer Support: Select a provider that offers responsive and helpful customer support.
- Course Duration: Most courses require six hours of instruction, but some providers may offer
additional features like self-paced learning or the ability to pause and resume the course as needed.
- User Experience: Look for courses that are easy to navigate and offer a user-friendly interface to ensure a smooth learning experience.
- Course Content: Review the course curriculum and make sure it covers essential defensive driving topics and techniques.
How to Enroll in a Defensive Driving Course
Enrolling in a defensive driving course is simple. Follow these steps to get started:
- Select a Course: Choose a TDLR approved course from our list above.
- Register: Visit the course provider’s website and sign up using your personal information, including your driver’s license and court information if you’re taking the course for ticket dismissal.
- Complete the Course: Work through the course material at your own pace. Most courses require six hours of instruction, but you can usually break it up into smaller sessions.
- Pass the Final Exam: At the end of the course, you’ll need to pass a final exam to receive your certificate of completion.
- Submit Your Certificate: If you’ve taken the course for ticket dismissal or insurance discount, submit your certificate of completion to the appropriate party (court or insurance company).